Friday, June 19, 2009

An Interview with Bixby from Rainforest Experience: LIVE!


I recently sat down with Bixby from Bixby and Friends Presents:Rainforest Experience LIVE to discuss the show that is now appearing at Ocean Breeze Waterpark! I wanted to pass it along to you!

I’ve been to your show so many times, but for those who have yet to experience it, can you tell me what it’s all about, Bixby?
The show is a thirty-minute entertaining and educational performance about saving the rainforest. In the show my Toucan pal Treetop and I are your tour guides, trying to save the Rainforest from its destruction of 46 million acres a year. Join in the fun as I utilize magic, audience participation, comedy and live exotic animals to make an unforgettable learning experience!


What kind of animals do you have?
We have Allie the 18 foot Burmese Python, Maddie the Ring-Tailed Lemur, Jumps the Red-eyed Tree Frog, and 17 other species!

Do any of them eat bananas?
Yes, Maddie the Ring-Tailed Lemur and Tikatou the Kinkajou eat bananas.

I bet they couldn’t eat more than me though!
Well they do eat over 60 pounds combined per month.

So wait…. Do you have any bananas on you?
Of course!

*Munching on a Banana* When can we see these animals?
The animal display is open throughout the day following our first showing and is home to our animal family.

If we can see the animals all day, when do we get to experience the show?
You can see our live show Bixby’s Rainforest Rescue two times per day Sunday through Thursday and three times daily Friday and Saturday.

2 comments:

  1. My daugther loved the show; we had the pleasure of watching at the Puyallup Spring Fair in Washington!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I caught the show at the Dutchess county fair in Rhinebeck NY in August. LOVED IT!!

    ReplyDelete